Saturday, September 03, 2005

Lakeside - Black Tern

After working Saturday morning I stopped off at Lakeside to see if any think of interest was about. I set up my scope and began scanning the lake. After spending some time looking at the Herring Gulls and Lesser Black Backed Gulls, I decided to move position. As I walking towards the Beresfords building when I noticed a small, fast flying bird out of the corner of my eye. I immediately took a look through the bins and realised that it was a Juvenile Black Tern. I put the scope down, relocated it and watched on...It was amazing how swift and agile the tern was.

Phoned Dad to come down and take a look, as neither of us had seen Black Tern before. He arrived soon after and enjoyed the bird for sometime before leaving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home